Monday 2 April 2012

What Conventions have I followed?



The green screen is normally shown at the start of any conventional trailer. It means that the film is approved for certain ages and certificates, by me using this in my trailer it will make my trailer more realistic towards the audience.





A company logo (ident) is essential to create verisimilitude towards the onlooker, they appear usually at the beginning of a trailer to get the viewer familiar with the company. Here is an example of my studio logo that we came up with and spent a lot of time creating. I think overall it looks proffessional.




This was created on a program called 'after effects' which is more advanced than movie maker and has more facilities that you can access which overall is a lot easier to use and takes less time than it would on any other to make an animation. I decided to make our studio ident on here  because I thought the overall effects would give it a professional and clear finish which I think in the end did work well!
This is the main screen of after effects from which you can upload image and add text to create your own animation.
This enables you to start creating your own animation and adding text, images and effects e.t.c




Certain fonts, captions and text often run across the screen to give away some of the plot to the viewer, they usually create some sort of enigma because the viewer is not told the whole storyline completely but some things are mentioned. The colours of the text for most romantic comedies are light and bold and the font is usually curvy and not so formal. Here is an example from my trailer.












Film titles are absolutely crucial in signifying what genre the film is about and it establishes the sense of what the movie is based on. They usually show up at the end of a trailer and are very creative and represent the film in some way this is so the audience can remember the film and will stay in their mind.





No comments:

Post a Comment