Monday 2 April 2012

Evaluation part 2

Here you can see my film poster and other professional film posters that I researched and took inspiration from to decide on my final outcome. I decided to make the film title stand out and i used a completely different font to represent the show, the font was called ‘showbiz’ and I was drawn straight away to this as it fitted in with the genre and connotations of the film. The purple colour stands out against the dark backgrounds so draws in the audience more.
When taking the main image for the poster I wanted something that would straight away portray what the film is about and draw a certain audience to it, the whole main point of the trailer is about two girls fighting to get the main spot in the school show to star with the main boy. So this image had to show through their body language how they are fighting and pulling the boy to get in the spotlight. The iconography is clearly presented for example you can see the geeky girl (girl on the right) has more a quirky sense of style and definitely represents a school nerd for example the glasses, shoes, old jumper, curly hair and shirt collar all are denotations of how a geek is represented. The popular girl on the other hand has a more confident facial expression and with the blonde hair and her ‘pretty’ little dress you can see the big significance in style between the two. The main boy in the middle shows a confused face and literally ‘in the middle’ of a fight between the two girls.
Main conventions of a film poster is that there is some kind of release date that is noticeable so I made sure that I included the 'IN THEATRES JULY 2012'


The audience know what month it is out. I thought July during summer would be a perfect time to show the film because it’s more like a chick flick comedy that the younger female audience would find more interesting and this is the time when they would most likely watch it.        
This is my final magazine front cover:
           













Here are some magazine front covers that I looked at to give me some inspiration:
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment