Monday 12 March 2012

Photography for Ancillary Tasks

     My photography represents the romantic comedy genre so I met up with the actors in our trailer and we took some images based on the storyline that the trailer represented. Here are some examples of the photography that we took.







These are some examples of some images I took for the film poster/ magazine. It was hard to position the cast to represent what the film was about and get the genre across to the audience. By looking at other film posters I got an idea of what kind I pictures I had to take. 

I needed Millie and Miranda to look opposite for example, Millie had to represent a 'geek' so the costume was more smart than stylish whereas Miranda on the other hand wore a dress with a waist belt that looks very 'in' and in style, because Miranda has blond hair I think this signifies a 'popular' girl as it is usually more stereo typical of a popular girl to have lighter hair and it fits in with the 'American' well groomed look, this is more than Millie who has short brown and curly hair which is more stereo-typical of a geek. 

I positioned them in front of a black stage curtain which fits with the title of the film 'under the spotlight' and the idea of being on stage and the star of the show, so the black background was simple but effective and ties in with the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment